Hidden form fields

I was wondering if there was a hidden or read-only form field option? I want to pass prefilled ids that shouldn’t be changed.

Btw, this is a great project! Thanks for creating it.

Hey there :slight_smile:

No there is no such a thing as “hidden fields” on a form.

Just to fully understand your use case. You want a user to be able to submit a form with data, but when that row is created you want to fill some of the fields with auto generated data from your end? Is that correct?

If that’s the case, could you go into a little more detail on what that auto-generated data looks like? Maybe we can help you with a workaround depending on your use case :slight_smile:

Hi @Alex ,
How about read-only forms?

My use case is generating and redirecting to a baserow url with prefilled data after said user signs in via a separate portal. I want certain fields like a transaction id to be uneditable via the form (even though they can edit via url) to reduce mistakes in submissions.

1 Like

Hey @TriStarGod,

So basically you just want to be able to make a field read only in the form view, but you still want to be able to fill those fields via query parameters.

That sounds reasonable to me, we already have a feature that allows you to make a field required, I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to add another checkbox that makes the field read-only.

1 Like

I have created an issue on Gitlab for you, feel free to comment directly on the ticket itself as well as on the forum if you have anything else you would like to share :slight_smile:

1 Like