A letter from new Community Manager!

Hello! My name is Olga Trykush, and I’m the new Community Manager of Baserow. Let’s get acquainted :handshake:

I’ve joined the team at a super exciting time – when the product-market fit is found, healthy competition is heating up, and the concept of a “no-code” is blooming. All these points make this position so interesting, challenging, and fun at the same time.

A few words about myself: I’m from Ukraine :ukraine: and I have 2 dogs. I’m a marketing person and I’ve built some significant communities in the past. I believe in the ideology of lovemarks, this is a new way to build relationships with users that are inspired by the concept ‘Loyalty Beyond Reason’. I’m good at connecting people and love helping others when the opportunity arises.

I think a good idea to start our collaboration is to share the ‘community plans’ here with you. Remember, you always have a vote and if you think that I forget something very important (or fun), I’m open to your ideas.

Community page: we definitely need a place where you could check how to contribute and what are the benefits for you to do so.
Roadmap of activities: what, when, and where. We know you’re busy, so our goal is to make sure you’re aware of our community schedule in advance.
Value through content: more tutorials and guides in the text and video formats, more active presence in social media that’s something we highly prioritize.
…and dozens of other smaller tasks and plans.

To sum up, we start building our core community – power users of Baserow, and we hope for your support. Feel free to always share your feedback: we are honest with what we plan to do, and we expect the same honesty from you.

Let’s make some magic together :heart:

Now is your turn! Tell me a bit about yourself, what projects are you part of, and what do you value the most in the no-code tools.

6 Likes

Hi Olga. Firstly I hope you and your loved ones are safe.

I am a 56 year old registered nurse who loves to play with computers since i was 16. Started with a MSX homecomputer with a taperecorder. :crazy_face: Since 17 years i use Linux and open source software. Always programmed in Basic languages. It let’s me do some dirty programming since i never had an education in programming. :grin:

I am a MIT App Inventor Power User and involved with the development. I love Blockly based builders like Scratch, Kodular and App Inventor.

What I like in no-code tools is best expressed by the App Inventor team.

The MIT App Inventor project seeks to democratize software development by empowering all people, especially young people, to move from technology consumption to technology creation.

Here you can see how a Blockly based app builder can use Baserow for it’s apps.

At the moment I am hosting Baserow on my own server.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you for caring :pray:

Woah, that’s a great example of how your childhood interest in computers grew into a life-long passion!

@Peter, thanks for sharing what projects you are part of, and what you value the most in the no-code tools! I see that you’re actively involved in what is going on here in Baserow, and that is super interesting for us to discover more about you and your experience. Currently, we’re learning from our users to power up our product, and all the details you shared above are really helpful :heart:

2 Likes