Advanced triggers for Webhooks

Hey y’all,

I’m currently trying to clean the mess at my company and get them to migrate away from Google Sheets to Baserow, which is looking really promising and worked amazingly during my little testing.

Since were making a lot of automations, triggered by webhooks, I wanted to share an Idea with you, and ask if you would be able or interested to integrate it into Baserow.

At the moment Baserow can trigger webhooks on 3 different ways (row updated, created or deleted).

An advanced Idea I had for better automatization and more efficient use, would be to add another option to the webhook triggers: Trigger a webhook and send the entire row if changes inside a specific column are detected.

If, as an example, a drop-down inside a specific column is changed it could send the entire row over a webhook. This would be a really amazing addition, since it wouldn’t send the row every time you update the contents, but only when you update a specific field.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this. I really like Baserow so far and hope to see it grow more and more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @one-juru! First of all, welcome to Baserow :wave:

Thank you for your kind words, we’re happy to hear you decided to migrate your company workflows to Baserow.

Your idea sounds like a great feature, we’re going to discuss the suggestion with the team at the nearest team call and I’ll get back to you with some updates afterwards. While exploring Baserow, feel free to share your feedback and other ideas :raised_hands:

I was just doing some investigating into how webhooks work in Baserow, and I stumbled upon a super cool feature that unfortunately isn’t available in Baserow yet - but it is in Airtable!

It’s great to know that others have recognized the value of this feature as well)

This feature is a trigger that automatically sends a webhook when a record matches certain conditions. And let me tell you, it’s a total game-changer when it comes to managing clients, orders, and other business processes.
So, I wanted to share a bit about how this feature works and give you some examples of how it can be used to make managing processes easier. Let’s dive in!

Check out the pic below to see what I’m talking about:

1. Let’s say you want to send a message to a client when their order status changes to “completed” and their contact status is “client”. All you have to do is set up those conditions in Airtable and voila - it’ll automatically send a webhook to n8n, which can then send a message to your client. Plus, you can use other conditions too if you want!
  2. Or let’s say you want to remind your client about a payment that’s due today. You can set up a trigger so that when the payment date matches “today”, it’ll send a webhook to n8n, and n8n will send a message to your client.
  3. Or you need to remind your client about a rental deadline that’s coming up, you can set up a trigger so that when the rental deadline matches “now”, it’ll send a webhook to n8n, and n8n will send a message to your client.
  4. Or to ensure timely delivery of an order, you can set up a reminder to be sent to the courier when it’s one hour before the scheduled delivery time, as well as another reminder 15 minutes before the delivery time. Then the time field match that criteria… baserow send a webhook to n8n, and n8n will send a message to a curie. This can help ensure that the courier is prepared and ready to make the delivery on time, and can also help avoid any delays or issues that may arise during the delivery process.

Would be happy to use it in Baserow :metal:

1 Like

and then you will finish the rollup’s it can also be used for notifications for low inventory: a webhook trigger to notify when inventory level for a specific product falls below a certain threshold. This can help to quickly restock and avoid any stockouts.

I want to contribute to the discussion because I encountered a challenge with webhook implementation in my project. My workspace consists of three tables, and one requires updates upon every access. Implementing a trigger for this action would be beneficial.

Hi, Olga! Did you manage to discuss this idea with the team?

1 Like

Hey folks, my apologies, I might have overlooked this. Based on all the posts shared in this thread, I can outline these three suggestions for webhooks:

• Trigger a webhook and send the entire row if changes inside a specific column are detected.
  • Trigger a webhook when a record matches certain conditions.
  • Trigger a webhook on updates upon every access of a table.

I will discuss them with the team as soon as possible. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’d love to see this feature in Baserow too!