I am a tech founder with over 12 years of building successful startups in ASEAN area . I am also a Python coder / Data Science Enthusiast myself and I am testing various Opensource NoCode/LowCode solutions to help Startups . I love baserow , Baserow is more stable than NocoDB and i had found the code base is well architectured .
But baserow have show stoppers.
After a week of trying out three of them and Problems are.
- Baserow opensource is most limited of all of them
- (Show Stopper) Exporting JSON is Premium only feature . The rest of opensource nocode allows it
- (Show Stopper) Cannot even manage Users at free version , that kind of Limitation is very damaging to opensource version . This could drive away potential premium users.
- Datasources are limited for automation , no way to get current user.
- View customization is very weak especially Gallery view , where long texts are Truncated.
Currently Baserow is ok as spreadsheet replacement but it is quite limited in advance usages , . Budibase is currently a killer in features wise even though it doesn’t have an easy to use spreadsheet .
- Reduce Limitation ( Especially JSON export and User Management)
- Include True nocode features of BudiBase (atleast in Formula/Scripability area since this is python )
it would become a lot better alternative .