Basserow the best

Hello, I want to ask the administrators of baserow, I ask you please do not ban user accounts that were created in some countries such as Syria because in Airtable it deleted our accounts and we could not go back to it or download data from it, so we moved to baserow as it is not banned for us and we hope that Still, I am using Baserow in educational applications, please hope that the site does not require a VPN
Thank you :heart:

I am wondering if you violated the Airtable TOS instead of that all of the users from Syria were banned. For what did you use Airtable?

Can you show an example of that? Maybe share a link to your database?

I did some searching for a Baserow TOS but wasn’t able to find one on the website.

The community has a tos at Terms of Service - Baserow but not the software itself.

At Kodular we saw and still see a lot of users making apps to spread illegal/copyrighted content. Apps doing that are blocked from monetizing and accounts are suspended/banned.

Baserow like Airtable can be used to spread illegal content. I am wondering how Baserow will react and if Baserow under certain circumstances will be checking out the data entered in a users database.

This is the Airtable TOS

1.2 Access, Restrictions, and Use

Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you may access and use Airtable during the Subscription Term (defined below), except as may be limited by your Organization as described above. Except as we otherwise agree in writing or to the extent a restriction is prohibited by law, you agree not to do, and not to assist, permit or enable any third party or Application (defined below) to do, any of the following:

1. disassemble, reverse engineer, decode, or decompile any part of Airtable;
  2. use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tool, data gathering or extraction tool, or any other automated means, to access, collect, copy or record Airtable;
  3. copy, rent, lease, sell, loan, transfer, assign, sublicense, resell, distribute, modify, alter, or create derivative works of any part of Airtable or any of our Intellectual Property (defined below);
  4. use Airtable in a manner that impacts: (i) the stability of our servers; (ii) the operation or performance of Airtable or any other user’s use of Airtable; or (iii) the behavior of other applications using Airtable;
  5. use Airtable in any manner or for any purpose (including, without limitation, by providing Airtable with access to any Content) that: (i) violates or promotes the violation of any applicable law, regulation, legal requirement, contractual obligation, or right of any person including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality; (ii) is fraudulent, false, deceptive, or defamatory; (iii) promotes hatred, violence, or harm against any individual or group; (iv) otherwise may be harmful or objectionable (in our sole discretion) to us, our providers, our suppliers, or our users;
  6. overload, flood, spam, or mail-bomb the Service; or otherwise use the Service in a manner that interferes with or creates an undue burden on the Service, including by sending unsolicited communications, promotions, advertisements, or spam;
  7. use or display Airtable in competition with us, to develop competing products or services, for benchmarking or competitive analysis of Airtable, or otherwise to our detriment or disadvantage;
  8. attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security of, or decipher any transmissions to or from, the servers running Airtable;
  9. transmit viruses, worms, or other software agents through Airtable;
  10. impersonate another person or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, hide or attempt to hide your identity, or otherwise use Airtable for any invasive or fraudulent purpose;
  11. share passwords or authentication credentials for Airtable, or otherwise circumvent the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Airtable or enforce limitations on use of Airtable; or
  12. identify or refer to us or Airtable in a manner that could reasonably imply an endorsement, relationship, or affiliation with or sponsorship between you or a third party and us, other than your permitted use of Airtable under these Terms, without our express written consent.

Hello @Mohammad733, you don’t need to worry about your account and data, we don’t have any plans of blocking Syria :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have never violated the laws, they sent a message to all users stating that all users belonging to countries such as: Syria, Venezuela and others will be canceled, meaning that they introduced the global ban policy on us, and we have nothing to do with these things. Why are we all banned for illogical reasons, and it was We have huge data in the application, I own a Quiz application and it has about 5000rows of questions in each table
When you enter the site if you registered with your account, a message appears that you have been banned. So even if you create an Airtable from an account outside Syria, the data will only reach the app if you turn on the VPN, and it is not possible to force all users to turn on the VPN to see the content.

Only baserow is left for me to use and I thank them for their service provided, even if they make some of it paid, the most important thing is that it remains available to everyone, because surely whoever wants to work on a cloud database will be a normal and peaceful person and his goal is not to violate the laws.

1 Like

Thank YOU :heart::pray: Baserow.

1 Like