Calendar view can't used dates from formula field?

Hello!

I’d like to have a calendar view displaying days of presence and absence of staff members (about 50).
I have a table Days with all the days in the year, their respective date, week and month, whether it’s a week-end or not, whether it’s a public holiday or not.
Then I have a table Presence listing all the days for each staff member so I can set the hours the person is working (or not) on that day.
In the Presence table, the day date is a lookup field from the Days table.

Now, I’d like to make a calendar view of my Presence table so we can quickly see who is working on which day and filter by staff member.

My issue is: I can’t seem to use the day date as it’s from a linked field. I tried the totext & join formulas but the output is a text, not a date. What’s the trick in this case?

Also, when do you believe we will be able to filter on calendar views?

PS If you know of a better way to manage staff presence than this table structure, I’d love to hear it :pray:

I believe the solution may be to do another formula on the “totext” output using the “todate” function. I haven’t tried it so I could be wrong, but worth a try I think :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It did the trick! Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like