Can't select multiple linked rows in form view

Hey there. I’d like transition our team over from Airtable, but a few things are tripping me up.

At first I thought this was a bug - but when I attempt to link multiple records to a row in form view it just replaces my selection. The only way to link more than one is via grid view - which doesn’t help much. Some forms need to be filled out by volunteers and other non-baserow users.

Right now we report out and take attendance using an Airtable forms - would love to transition away from those.

2 Likes

Hello @wolfe.bat! It’s indeed not possible to add multiple linked records in the form view in Baserow. But it seems to be a very useful feature, so we will discuss it with the team. I’ll keep you posted :raised_hands:

Hey @wolfe.bat, I have some updates on your request. We plan to add this feature soon: Option to 'Show field as List' in Forms (Single and Multi-Select) (#813) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab, and also to work on your request: Allow adding multiple linked records in the form view (#1255) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab. Stay tuned :raised_hands:

Great news ! :smiley: We also need the ability to be able to make multiple choices of items from a linked table in a form view, and we were surprised to find recently that what is possible in grid view is not possible in form view. form. And it is a need that we will have in many of our forms!

1 Like

Hello @Vincent! Glad to see you here :wave:

I’ll make a note that we have more and more people who needed this functionality.

1 Like

Hey @olgatrykush! Do you have a forecast if the form view multiple select link table functionality will be included in a next release?

Hello @Murilo, I don’t see this feature listed on the prioritization board (board with features we hope to release in 1.18). However, I checked and it holds a high position in our general table with all feature requests, indicating that it will likely be addressed soon.

I will also communicate to the team that this feature is very awaited by the community, thanks for your input :raised_hands:

1 Like

Just chiming in to say we just hit the same road block - would be really useful to have this feature!

Hoping its an easy one to implement as this functionality already exists for multi-select fields

1 Like

Noted! And here’s the new issue to track progress on this request: In Form view, enable linking to multiple table entries (#810) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab.

+1 for this feature, it will be a game-changer for us!
Do you have any visibility as to when it will be live?

Hello @gabrielle, I promise to bring to the attention of the team that this is a highly awaited feature. And as soon as I have any news, I’ll share it here! :raised_hands:

Hello @gabrielle @Riz @Murilo, since there are many requests for this feature, we have moved it to the top of the list. In the Form view, we will soon enable linking to multiple table entries (estimated to happen by the end of 2023). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I see this feature has been added in the latest release, thank you!!!