Can't use a Roll up on a duration field?

Hey everyone,

I am using the duration field for employees to enter the time at which they start work and finish work on a given day.

In another table, I need to use a Rollup of that duration field. Unfortunately, I get an error saying: “Error with formula: argument number 1 given to function sum was of type duration but the only usable type for this argument is a list of number values obtained from a lookup.”

Is there a way to convert a duration in a number of hours or minutes?

1 Like

Hello @gabrielle, that is not possible yet, but we’ve already opened an issue to add tonumber support for conversion to seconds: Support for division/multiplication/tonumber formula for duration field (#2416) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe you could advise something, any workarounds?)

I use something like date_diff('ss', field('Start'), field('End')) for now, waiting for fix)

@davide, do you think there might be a workaround for this request?

I couldn’t find a solution at the moment, but because I agree that it’s an important feature, I’ve opened a merge request to add proper support.

If you’re interested, you can follow the development here: Resolve "Support for division/multiplication/tonumber formula for duration field" (!2300) · Merge requests · Baserow / baserow · GitLab