I recently discoverd Baserow and I love the concept.
I plan to build a Saas for a special niche. I think baserow would be a great toolbase to start. My goal is not compete with Baserow because the value of my product will be on the functional/business concepts not the tool.
However there is some points which are not so clear to me on the licences (I already read through many similar topics here but no really clear answer). If I use self hosted Baserow to build my Saas product, can I (legally & by your licence), maybe by modifying the code or in another way that doesn’t modify the code:
- Can I hide the Baserow logo, on any pages? Because, on the source code, I think it’s not on the [premium, enterprise, docs] folders. It should be MIT, right? MIT license is one of the most permissive Licence out there. I know if I publish a copy or fork of the code, I must bring the licence and credit the source, but if it’s a Saas is it an obligation to do this? I’m confused on what can really be done on it ?
- Otherwise can I replace it by just a simple link Powered by Baserow ? (either on premium or free plan ?)
- Can I hide all the marketing/branding links here and there (github,facebook links … and so on)?
- If I use the free self hosted plan, do I have the right (not technically but legally) to create a custom plugin (or something else) to manage my users, groups & permissions ? (because those features are disabled for free self hosted plan).
- Otherwise, does any paid self hosted plans allows to have a brand free version (no logo, no links and so on) of the tool?
I understand you wanna have visibility. But I mostly would use it as a tool for my product. It would weird, as example, if you command dishes on restaurant and see: Powered by Frigidaire or SEB ^^
I would be grateful if you could answer in an unambiguous way.