Compare Baserow vs Google Sheets vs Airtable vs Nocodb vs Seatable vs Excel on the official Baserow page in technical terms

I would like to know in technical terms what features Baserow has that Excel, Google Sheets, Airtable, Nocodb, Seatable don’t have

1 Like

Hello @anon6366911, we will be issuing a Buyers’ guide in September where we will compare Baserow with some competitors on various features, business models, and support. It will include open source competitors as well as some of the well-known tools like Airtable. As soon as the document is ready, we’ll share it with the community, stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it something you’re asking for? What exactly do you mean by ‘compare in technical terms’?

1 Like

Hi! @olgatrykush So… exactly ;D … More thing… compare too: Baserow to Ninox Database, MS Access, Grist, LuckySheet, Rows, OnlyOffice, WPS Office, Sheetgo, Zoho Sheet, Smartsheet, Quip … etc.

Please add Budibase in contenders

1 Like

Hey @anon6366911 and @v3ss0n! As the first step, we plan to release a comparison with these tools: Airtable, NocoDB, Stackby, Grist, and Seatable. But we can add more tools in the next iterations, and then we will definitely take into account your requests :raised_hands:

1 Like

@olgatrykush @v3ss0n Here!

Features Baserow Airtable Nocodb Budibase Google Sheets Zorro Sheets Seatable LibreOffice(Calc) Microsoft Office(Excel) Smartsheet Grist Rows Quip LuckySheet OnlyOffice Sheetgo WPS Office Ninox Database MS Access LibreOffice(Base)
storage Unlimited self hosted Unlimited Unlimited self-hosted Unlimited self-hosted 15GB in free account 10gb in free account Unlimited tables Unlimited self-install Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install Unlimited self-install
data-sync yes yes yes yes(pro account) yes yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) no yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account) yes(free/premium account)
license open source closed source open source open source closed source closed source open source open source closed source closed source open source open source open source open source open source open source open source open source closed source open source

My criteria are license, storage space and data sync. ;D

What I could see in the analysis is that there are many open source solutions and few closed source solutions. Open source solutions adopt the open core model, along with a self-hosted enterprise version in some cases.

Of course, there are solutions that I don’t know about from closed source, and of course this list is limited. I think the margin of error for my survey is 17.1% - as I’m imagining as a variable this is something “around 100 people who would accept the survey”.

Given the list of 25 open and closed source competitors. One thing I forgot to point out is that I treated in this hypothetical case 2 separate projects (Libreoffice - calc/Libreoffice base) all of which are part of the Libreoffice suite. I thought about this possibility, because I compared microsoft office’s excel/ms access with Baserow. In this case, it would make sense to consider 2 separate “foss” projects even though they are from a single project.

1 Like

Hello @Foss, not yet:( Let me check with the team if there are any updates on this topic.

1 Like