Create new linked table with existing values

Hi,

I really miss the “create table from existing values - feature”.

When a column with single line text field, where values are existing, is changed via “edit” to “Link to table” the data should not get lost but the option to choose a new table or existing table should be given & the values should be pasted into the new/existing linked table.

This helps a lot when working with files / raw data, where existing values should be sorted into lookup tables easy & fast.

1 Like

Hey @moonday! We will discuss this feature request on the upcoming team call. As soon as I have some updates on it, I’ll get back to you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @moonday! We decided to divide this request into 2 separate tasks, here are links to issues on GitLab, so you can track the progress on both of them: Convert Text to Link Row and vice versa (#1044) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab and Create new table with correct rows when converting to a link row field (#1045) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab.

Thanks again for your activity, you suggested a bunch of great ideas :blush:

1 Like

Hi @olgatrykush ,
great to read that those features suggestion will (hopefully) find their way to product.
Looking forward & there might be some other `bunches’ coming in;)