Default option for Single Select field

Hello everyone! In Airtable, there’s a handy feature like choosing a default value for single select dropdowns. It would be great if it were also in Baserow, useful when a row should always have a certain default value by default, and it doesn’t have to be selected manually, which saves time.

1 Like

Great idea @Alexander. I’ve added it to the list of discussions. :ok_hand:

This is a feature I would find very helpful as well. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Alexander, @DataGecko, this feature request has been accepted. We even have an existing issue for it: Be able to specify a default value on all the fields where is makes sense (#2173) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab.

Do you think there are any other field types where we should introduce default options?

1 Like

Oh, well let me think, possibly Number, Date and Duration… default value using a formula… that might be useful. :slight_smile: Also a default for boolean would be nice. Thanks for asking. :green_heart:

hmm… most of my use cases are connected with single select, other field types are not as necessary as single dropdown) I will come with examples if remind something

Thank you @DataGecko. I’ve left a comment with your suggestion on the GitLab issue for developers to consider while working on the feature.

1 Like

HI! I’ve just checked the airtable, they have 2 fields with default values: single select and single line text.

Maybe because 2 oh them make most sense

CleanShot 2024-03-29 at 10.30.28
CleanShot 2024-03-29 at 10.30.02