Displaying 'collected' images

Hi all,

I have an image field, where an image can be supplied or not (in my usecase, images of smoking sessions). In a second table, these images are collected with a lookup (to collect all images of several
smoking sessions of a cigar).
Using this ‘collection’-field in application builder, when more than 1 image is collected, no image is shown. Probably because it doesn’t know which image to display.

Could baserow perhaps handle this:
in short term: by displaying the last image provided (or at least correctly show one of the images)
in long term: by providing a ‘slideshow’ type image displayer

Ideally, the slideshow should perhaps be provided as an option:
in a repeat element, I would think ‘fixed’ image would be preferred.
in a regular presentation, sliding between images could be interesting.

thanks,
David

Hey @DavidCeulemans, thanks for sharing your feedback. I’ll forward it to the team to check :ok_hand:

You should be able to display only the first image even when you have multiple image by selecting the first iteration in the data explorer. The downside is that if you have no image at all the image block will still be displayed with the broken image icon. The formula looks like this:

You’ll soon be able to use a Repeat element to display all values from a specific field of a data source (hopefullyin one or two releases). It’s usefull here because we can have 0, 1 or more images and may be we want to display them all or nothing when there is no image.

However we have also planned to add a slideshow element later.

And finally, when the advanced formula are implemented it will be possible to select the first image from the image list if it exists and provide a fallback if not.

jrmi,

Thanks!
Just tried it, and this is a good temp solution.
I can start collecting several images, and while I can’t show them (yet), at least the first image is now shown. :grinning:

thanks again,
David