Easier way to add sequential table links

So I’m not entirely sure if this is a “help” request or a “feature” request, though I suspect the latter.

I’m using Baserow to track product configurations. Relevant to this, I’m using it to track which accessories ship with each product. Everything is serial numbered.

So the “Product” table looks like this:

• Product S/N (number)
  • Other product-specific properties
  • Accessory A (“Link to table” → “Accs A”)
  • Accessory B (“Link to table” → “Accs B”)

The “Accs A” and “Accs B” tables look like this:

• Accs S/N (number)
  • Other accessory-specific properties

What I often want to do is sequentially link a range of unassociated accessories to the currently filtered list of products. In other words, “link Accs A items 20 through 29 to the next 10 entries in the product table”.

The process currently involves:

1. Click the “+” item on the next product’s Accs A column
  2. Click “Next” in the accessory link popup, several times, until the page with item 20 appears
  3. Select item 20
  4. Repeat for the Accs B column
  5. Repeat this whole process 9 more times.

This gets extremely tedious, and the further into the Accessory tables I’m trying to pick, the more mouse clicks this all takes.

Possible solution ideas involve:

• Let me simply type the value I want to link
  • Allow me to specify a filter for the Link-to-table popup, so it can only show items that haven’t already been linked to other rows
  • Give me a way to create links with some sort of sequential auto-increment mechanism
2 Likes

I like this idea, and have also had a need for it. It would’ve also come in handy when building the Commercial Property Management template, given the number of units.

Even if making this non-tedious takes some time, just a simple quality-of-life improvement is possible here…
Make it possible to have the pop-up picker have an optional filter, like “only show unlinked rows”. Seriously, I’m now having to click “next page” like 7+ times on each item I want to link, and that’s absolutely ridiculous.

(Before I do much more of this, I’m going to have to use the API to write some sort of custom utility to save my sanity. But for this use case, I really shouldn’t have to.)