So I’m not entirely sure if this is a “help” request or a “feature” request, though I suspect the latter.
I’m using Baserow to track product configurations. Relevant to this, I’m using it to track which accessories ship with each product. Everything is serial numbered.
So the “Product” table looks like this:
- Product S/N (number)
- Other product-specific properties
- Accessory A (“Link to table” → “Accs A”)
- Accessory B (“Link to table” → “Accs B”)
The “Accs A” and “Accs B” tables look like this:
- Accs S/N (number)
- Other accessory-specific properties
What I often want to do is sequentially link a range of unassociated accessories to the currently filtered list of products. In other words, “link Accs A items 20 through 29 to the next 10 entries in the product table”.
The process currently involves:
- Click the “+” item on the next product’s Accs A column
- Click “Next” in the accessory link popup, several times, until the page with item 20 appears
- Select item 20
- Repeat for the Accs B column
- Repeat this whole process 9 more times.
This gets extremely tedious, and the further into the Accessory tables I’m trying to pick, the more mouse clicks this all takes.
Possible solution ideas involve:
- Let me simply type the value I want to link
- Allow me to specify a filter for the Link-to-table popup, so it can only show items that haven’t already been linked to other rows
- Give me a way to create links with some sort of sequential auto-increment mechanism