Error in setting up baserow in windows - locally

Hi,
I’m trying to set up baserow on my windows system using docker-compose, I encountered the following error:
ERROR: for caddy Cannot start service caddy: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:370: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:459: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:59: mounting “/Caddyfile” to rootfs at “/var/lib/docker/overlay2/ed72c435a7715b8b79a998cdb82fdc7be85736d10f59183a97151af47575e42d/merged/etc/caddy/Caddyfile” caused: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Can you please guide on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Sherlin.

Are you trying with our more complex default docker-compose file?

Could you instead try with the simpler recommended one by adding the -f docker-compose.all-in-one.yml in front of all of your docker-compose commands when inside our git repo.

docker-compose -f docker-compose.all-in-one.yml INSERT COMMENTS HERE

Alternatively you could just a brand new docker-compose.yml in a blank folder with the following contents:

version: "3.4"
services:
  baserow:
    container_name: baserow
    image: baserow/baserow:1.11.0
    environment:
      BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL: 'http://localhost'
    ports:
      - "80:80"
      - "443:443"
    volumes:
      - baserow_data:/baserow/data
volumes:
  baserow_data:

Thank you. Got it running. We would like to debug the project, can you please guide us on how to do it? ( Atleast get the print() statements in the backend handlers.py file to be displayed, to understand how it works.

Thanks

Are you wanting to manually add print statements yourself? Or just raise the existing log level?

To raise the log level for the backend you can set the BASEROW_BACKEND_LOG_LEVEL=DEBUG and/or BASEROW_BACKEND_DATABASE_LOG_LEVEL=DEBUG env vars as discussed here: Configuring Baserow // Baserow .

If you want to make actual code changes to Baserow and see those reflected then I would recomend setting up and using the dev environment for your testing instead:

https://baserow.io/docs/development%2Fdevelopment-environment

Alternatively if you want to plug in new logic into Baserow then you can create a plugin which can be easily added to any Baserow installation: Introduction // Baserow

1 Like

Thank you for the links. I tried setting up the dev environment using the below command:
docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose.dev.yml up -d

I still have the caddy error. Attaching a screenshot for reference:

Kindly guide.

Thank you