Error message when importing images into database

Hi Baserow Team,

I am switching to the Self Hosted version and want to import my databases. Unfortunately, I always get an error message when I want to import the images:

Hope you can help me at this point.

Hi @Sebastian can you fill in the technical questionnaire so we have the information to help you:

Please fill in the questionnaire below.

## Technical Help Questionnaire

Have you read and followed the instructions at: https://community.baserow.io/t/read-me-first-technical-help-faqs/17/2 ?

**Answer:** No I have not

### Self-Hosted Installation and Setup Questions

Delete this section if you are using Baserow.io.

#### How have you self-hosted Baserow. 
<!---
# i.e what service or installation method have you used. 
--->

#### What are the specs of the service or server you are using to host Baserow. 
<!--- Baserow needs at minimum 2GB of RAM for the `baserow/baserow` image. --->

#### Which version of Baserow are you using. 
<!---
Visit `http://YOUR_BASEROW_SERVER/api/redoc` to see the version at the top of the page.
--->

#### How have you configured your self-hosted installation?
<!---
    1. Provide all environment variables, `.env` files, `docker-compose` files. 
    2. Screenshots of settings or config pages depending on how you are self-hosting. 
    3. **Make sure to censor out any secrets before posting them publicly.**
--->

#### What commands if any did you use to start your Baserow server? 
<!---
    Make sure to censor out any secrets before posting them publicly.
--->

### Describe the problem

#### Describe, step by step, how to reproduce the error or problem you are encountering.

#### Provide screenshots or include share links showing:
<!---
     1. Your Baserow Database and all of it's tables
     2. Any relevant Baserow tables and all of their fields 
     3. Any relevant Baserow views
--->

#### How many rows in total do you have in your Baserow tables? 

####  Please attach full logs from all of Baserow's services 

<!--- 
Self Hosters Only
(`docker logs baserow` or `docker-compose logs`) or if they contain sensitive information provide censored snippets of relevant errors.
--->

Hi Nigel, please excuse me, I didn’t know you had a form for this. Of course, this makes the whole thing a lot easier.

Here is my completed form:

Self-Hosted Installation and Setup Questions

How have you self-hosted Baserow.

I used the official quickstart guide for Docker compose in Portainer.

What are the specs of the service or server you are using to host Baserow.

• vServer
  • 2GB RAM
  • 2x CPU
  • 40Gib
  • Debian GNU/Linux 11

Which version of Baserow are you using.

How have you configured your self-hosted installation?

1.1 env:

BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL: 'https://db.mydomain.app'

1.2 docker-compose:

version: "3.4"
services:
  baserow:
    container_name: baserow
    image: baserow/baserow:1.18.0
    networks:
      - nginxpm_default
    environment:
      BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL: 'https://db.mydomain.app'
    # ports:
    #   - "80:80"
    #   - "443:443"
    volumes:
      - baserow_data:/baserow/data
volumes:
  baserow_data:
networks:
  nginxpm_default:
    external: true

2. Screenshots of settings or config pages depending on how you are self-hosting.

What commands if any did you use to start your Baserow server?

“Deploy the stack” Button in Portainer :sunglasses:

Describe the problem

I am in the process of switching from baserow.io to the Self Hosted version and would like to import my current databases.

For this I created a test dataset on baserow.io (screenshot “Cloud-Data”), exported the data as a .csv file (Export table) and imported it into a database in my Self Hosted version (screenshot “SH-Data”).

Unfortunately, I always get an error message when importing the data (screenshot “Bug”). Apparently this error is related to the “File” column, because the error only appears when this is imported.

Tested content of the “File” column: Images (JPG and PNG). Both databases are “new” and created only for the test. They have only the default views.

Provide screenshots or include share links showing:

How many rows in total do you have in your Baserow tables?

Thanks for the extra detail. So fundamentally this is a limitation of CSVs and some missing documentation on our side.

When downloading the CSV from Baserow, we can’t include all of your files in that CSV. So instead we just fill the CSV with your file names. When you then import this CSV back into a Baserow, all it can do is hope you’ve already uploaded files with the same names and look for those to populate the rows. If you haven’t uploaded those files, then it will error like this per row that it doesn’t find them.

In the next weeks we’ll be working on a “download all of your Baserow database to a zip” and “import all of your Baserow database from a zip” feature. Until then, if you email nigel@baserow.io i’ll get able to run this export which includes all of your data which I can then give you a command to import into your own self hosted server including files.