Export as JSON or CSV

Baserow always gives a JSON as a result back when using the api. Would it be possible to use a option in de url, for instance export?format=csv or export?format=json, to get the result back in a different way?

2 Likes

Hey @Peter, we should be able to enable this relatively easy. We’re using Django REST framework and it can do this out of the box. I want to discuss with the dev team whether we want to do this. I’ll get back to you on this.

2 Likes

I am asking because App Inventor will get a Chart component in the next release if everything goes as planned. You can get data from every sensor in your phone or via bluetooth or from datasources like csv or json.

You can read more about it here.

In this case combining it with Baserow you could get very powerful charts in a very simple way in your apps.

2 Likes

I made some code in python to make this feature possible. see this here: Export baserow data as csv. I hope to contribute with what little knowledge I have at the moment.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution. :+1: I always love when a community gets involved.

1 Like