Formula help:How to get the file name of attachment field?

Hi.

I want to get the file name from the attachment field.
Is this formula in Baserow?
Airtable had it, but I couldn’t find it in Baserow.

Regards.

Hello,

As far as I know there is no formula for this in Baserow. However, you can obtain the filename through the API. A field of the type File has a property visible_name containing the original filename.

Regards
Frederik

Dear frederikdc,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I wanted to fill in the file name in another field,
so I coudn’t fill the field with using API.
I hope the feature will be implemented :slight_smile:

Regards.

Hello,

The great thing about an open source platform like Baserow is that their is a section for Features ideas where you can suggest to implement this functionality.

My personal experience with no-code platforms is that so pretty quick end up with the need for one or more automation services. Updating a record and filling in a field with the original filename is an example of such an automation. Platforms like Zapier, Pipedream or n8n allow you te create such an automation.

Regards
Frederik

My personal experience with no-code platforms is that so pretty quick end up with the need for one or more automation services. Updating a record and filling in a field with the original filename is an example of such an automation. Platforms like Zapier, Pipedream or n8n allow you te create such an automation.

Agreed, you can often fill the holes of a nocode database by introducing the mentioned workflow automation tools.