Formulas: logical function AND/OR not working as expected

I find it absolutely frustrating to add formulas to baserow.
The formula editing window is too small, there is no syntax highlighting: Make formula editor more comfortable to use (larger window, syntax highlighting) (#2778) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab

What about something like:

if(not(isblank(field('Prefix'))) && not(field('Messaging Language') = 'German') && (field('Gender') = 'm'), etc. ,

I find it absolutely frustrating to add formulas to baserow.

I’m sorry to hear that, but I completely understand your frustration. I agree that writing complex formulas can be tricky with our current editor.

Thanks for your feedback and for creating the ticket. I’ll share it with the team to see if we can prioritize it.

Hi @davide,
Thanks a lot! I could swear I tried your version before, but now it’s working. So I can keep building the formula.

It would be absolutely amazing to have at least a larger editing window. Syntax highlighting would be brilliant. Thanks again!

Hey @Mary-Lou, we see many benefits in introducing the improved editing window for the formula field type, so it’s coming.

The same goes for syntax highlighting, but this will be a lower priority since it requires a lot of development work because we use our own formula language.