Gallery Sorting not applied when shared or embedded

I have found a small but annoying bug with the Gallery. If you share or embed the gallery it does not apply the sorting that is set.
So in the Baserow website it sorts as expected…

But in a share or embed of that gallery the sorting is not applied, unless you go and click on the sort option you want.

The sort appears to be set, but is not applied.

Hey @DataGecko, thanks for reporting this. It seems to be a bug. We’re waiting for the dev team to check and confirm. We’ll keep you posted. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi,

This is indeed a bug. We created an issue to solve this: https://gitlab.com/baserow/baserow/-/issues/2785

1 Like

I have found another issue which seems to be related to embedded applications. I can log into the application fine directly at the apps baserow.site but the embed of this site into my Google Sites website has stopped working as of a day or two ago. It was fine before that, so I guess its related to the latest release?
The login process seems to work, but a display of the user variables shows they are not being set.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into each release. Liking the latest updates!

Could you try to republish your application then try to login again and tell me if it changes something?

If it doesn’t could you clean your cookies for the baserow.site version and let me know if it has any effect?

After republishing the site the raw baserow.site app was broken, but clearing the cookies fixed that and its working again ok, but the embedded page is still not working. I deleted and re-added the embedded page and republished the website, but no change, sorry. It seems to log in and redirect to the main page, but none of the user variables are set. :disappointed_relieved:
Happy to send you the links and test login if you want to try it out. :slight_smile:
Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome with the same results.

It would be great, thanks :pray:

Thank you! I was able to reproduce the issue. Now I need to understand what is happening. I suspect something related to the browser security but I don’t remember we changed something on that side. I’ll double check.

I’ve reproduced a similar setup with an Iframe embeding a baserow site from another domain and it seems to be working. I noticed that in your site you have two levels of Iframe could you consider to remove the intermediate level temporaly to check if it’s related to that?

Thanks for spending the time on this issue, really appreciate it. :green_heart:
Unfortunately it seems that this is how Google sites organises their embeds (tried it as whole page embed and within-a-page embed), and it always has two iframes. Its not something I have control over sadly. :frowning:

It is curious it was working previously. :thinking:
Interestingly I have several forms embedded the same way and they are fine, so its peculiar to the App. It could be a Google specific issue. I will abandon embedding for now and just link directly to the site, but it was such a nice feature to have, so if you can solve the issue it would be wonderful. :heart_hands:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I can’t give you a workaround so far.

That’s the thing I don’t understand, what has changed in between? It’s definitively related to the latest release has the date it stopped working coincides with the release date. I’ll investigate further on that. May be I can find the difference. I’ll you know If I find something.

1 Like

Thanks heaps for your efforts. Its a bit of a strange one.

Well I am not sure if anything else has changed, another update pushed out maybe, but this issue seems to have resolved itself!! The embeds are working again. I didn’t change anything so… mystery! :ghost: :sweat_smile:
Happy again! :green_heart:

Hey @DataGecko, we did a small release last week to roll out a new sidebar and fix some bugs, so that might be it. Anyway, glad to hear everything works as expected now. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

I did some changes on the authentication to try to solve this problem but I was a bit blind as I wasn’t able to reproduce it. Happy that it apparently solved the issue :tada:

1 Like

Thanks heaps, very happy its back to how it was. Thanks for all your efforts, it is greatly appreciated. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

I am using the latest version (1.27.0) and still got the same issue. When share the gallery view, the sort setting does not work. Is the bug being worked on? The reason I ask is because when I go to the issue on gitlab, it says 404: page not found.