Help with Baserow installation on railway.app

I install a baserow template on railway but on Observability I always see a error about CADDY.

Should I be worried about this?

[CADDY][2024-02-15 20:37:53] {“level”:“error”,“ts”:1708029473.7661138,“logger”:“tls.obtain”,“msg”:“could not get certificate from issuer”,“identifier”:“localhost.doesnotexist.baserow”,“issuer”:“acme.zerossl.com-v2-DV90”,“error”:“HTTP 400 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rejectedIdentifier - Invalid DNS identifier [localhost.doesnotexist.baserow]”} (B

Hi @michaelvips,

the error is related to the domain where Baserow should run. What configuration did you use and on what domain do you plan to serve Baserow?

You mean BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL ?

A good start would be to list all settings that you set for your Railway deployment and the intended domain where you want to run it.

BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL=https://baserow.eletromotiva.com.br
DATABASE_URL=postgresql://postgres:5D4GdB1–1GFg**f34AcggbaC@monorail.proxy.rlwy.net:47393/railway
PGDATABASE=railway
PGHOST=monorail.proxy.rlwy.net
PGPASSWORD=5D
4GdB1–bf34AcggbaC
PGPORT=47393
PGUSER=postgres
PORT=80
REDISHOST=viaduct.proxy.rlwy.net
REDISPASSWORD=jD6PbbnoLjD
5PbLaDBBmDg
REDISPORT=52108
REDISUSER=default
REDIS_URL=redis://default:jD6PbbnoLjDeKDApnBNCP5PbLaDBBmDg@viaduct.proxy.rlwy.net:52108
BASEROW_TRIGGER_SYNC_TEMPLATES_AFTER_MIGRATION=false

Hi @michaelvips, we’re soon going to launch our application builder, it will allow you to create custom websites and applications, and deploy them on a specific domain. In the all-in-one image (baserow/baserow), we have configured Caddy so that it can automatically get SSL certificates for those domains.

It was a bit tricky to get the configuration right, but a side effect is that it actually sets the configuration to a non-existing domain localhost.doesnotexist.baserow. Caddy ignores this domain, but it will give an error. It’s safe to ignore this error.