Hide comment panel

Context

Currently, when I open the detailed view of a row of a table, a side panel is displayed to show comments, whether there is comments or not. While this panel is useful to make comments, it can be troublesome for people who do not want to comment or see comments.

Solution
Having a collapse button like the one used to display the main panel on the left (the one displaying databases, tables, subscriptions etc.). When a user check the detailed view, he can see comments, and can choose to hide this side panel. When collapsed, it shows a << button with a number on it which could be the numbers of comments made on the card.

Having such options could also improve the UX for mobile user : by default, it could hide comments (since screen size is very limited), but can be still displayable if wanted by the user

Hey @dynnammo, I’ll share this suggestion with our Product Designer (he is off this week, so I’ll make sure to get this to him early next week) :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello @dynnammo :wave:

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier! I’ve created the issue on GitLab to address this request: Hide comment panel (#1599) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab.

We are going to introduce some UX improvements in the nearest future and will try to introduce this one along with others :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like