How can I enable file uploads in forms?

Hey,

I would like to use the file-datatype in a form, unfortunately, that does not work. I assume this is disabled deliberately to avoid uploads of malicious files. However, by limiting the types of files that can be uploaded, this risk can already be mitigated.

I’d be very interested in the possibility, is there any way to enable file uploads in forms?

Cheers!

Hello @lasseb! First of all, welcome to the community!

We’ve received a few requests on this feature, so the issue on the backlog Make it possible to use the file field in the form view (#525) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab is already created. I’ll try to get estimates from the team on when to expect this feature to be done, and will be back to you with news this Friday :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello @lasseb :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

I’m sorry for my delayed response! Everyone on the team agreed that this feature is highly important and we plan to start working on it in the upcoming months. I cannot tell you the exact release time frames for now, but it was marked with the label ‘high priority’ :wink:

I’ll keep you posted, and you can also track the updates by yourself here: Make it possible to use the file field in the form view (#525) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab

2 Likes

Hey-hey @lasseb! Now it’s possible to attach files while filling out the form! Make sure to test out the newly released feature and share your feedback afterward :pray: