I want an AI-powered simple CRM/marketing email system using baserow

I want to create personalized welcome emails for SaaS users, based on their interests and how they’ve been using my platform. I don’t trust ChatGPT to generate an email without reviewing it first, so I thought I could have a system which generates the email, puts it in Baserow for approval/review, then fires off the email after validation. Does anyone have a similar workflow ?

@frederikdc @joffcom @troytessalone as experts in automation, have you folks ever created a similar workflow in the past?

Hi @lucw ,

I haven’t created such an automation, but I think you can achieve it by combining HTTP requests and Webhooks in n8n:

• Step 1: use a webhook to detect a new signup
  • Step 2: if the webhook is triggered, send an HTTP request to the OpenAI API with the required data (the interests of the user)
  • Step 3a: use an HTTP request to create a new record in Baserow that inputs the OpenAI API response.
  • Step 3b: send an e-mail (or other notification) to yourself that something needs to be reviewed
  • Step 4: review and - optionally edit - the generated e-mail. NOTE: Baserow 1.23 now has a rich text field that allow markdown styling.
  • Step 5: make sure your table has a checkbox where you can indicate the generated mail as ok. Use a webhook that triggers on update and that checks is the checkbox is marked.
  • Step 6: If the update webhook is triggered and the checkbox is marked, send the email to the new user.

Hope this helps to build the automation.

Regards
Frederik

An alternative take on this would be to use the Baserow Trigger community node I created for n8n and once triggered have the workflow make your email template and send it to yourself with an approved link from a wait node that would then send the email.

This way you would get the same email in your inbox and you can just press a link at the bottom to send it, In its simplest form the workflow would be something like…

Thank you all. n8n seems to be the way to go. Should I try the self-hosted version or the cloud version ?

Cloud is easier if you are not comfortable managing a server, if you know how to manage containers though you can set it up on Digital Ocean or Hetzner following the docs.