Import a CSV file with 5000+ rows

Hello,

I’ve tried to import a CSV file with 5000+ rows but Baserow showed to me the message, that I can’t add more then 5000 rows.

In pricing page, Pricing // Baserow, the number of rows and table are Unlimited.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I import 5000+ rows tables?

Thank you all

Hi @nyx, welcome to the Baserow community! The amount of rows are indeed unlimited and you’re not doing anything wrong. We currently have a temporary import restriction of 5000 rows in the hosted version at https://baserow.io. This is going to change after the release of 1.11 when we’re going to make lots of improvements to the importing.

You can use the self hosted version and you can import as much rows as you want there. Or in the hosted version, you can import 5000 or less rows and from there you can create more if you want. Alternatively, if you have the technical skills, you can also use API to import data.

thank you! I’ll try to do it via API.

1 Like

Hi @bram,

Thank you for assistance.

Am I limited now to 3000 rows in the freeplan? Or I can still use the API to exceed this limit?

We’ve removed the 5000 rows import limit in the hosted version a while ago. Even though the free plan has a limit of 3000 rows, you can still import more than 3000 rows. Of course you can also create more rows via the interface, API, additional import, etc. In the interface you’ll see that you’re over limits, but this is a soft limit. You can upgrade to the premium or advanced plan later.

1 Like

Hi @bram - replying to this thread since it’s relevant. We have a self-hosted instance and I’ve uploaded a large CSV. I accidentally clicked out of the window and the loading modal disappeared. I can’t add a new table since the import job is running, but I can’t find where to monitor the ongoing upload. Is there a way to monitor this? Thanks!

Currently, there is not a way to monitor active import jobs after clicking the modal away or refreshing the page. If the progress bar was moving before, I’d suggest waiting until it completes.

Thanks! Ended up that we had to add a dyno and now everything is working perfectly with large imports.

1 Like

Glad to hear that @allene-copilot!

1 Like