Import JSON Data and set up relationships?

Hi!

So I have imported two tables of JSON data. At first I had some objects set up as nested data but then the import didn’t work, so I extracted it to a different table and put the parent id in the startupId field.

Import of both tables went fine. But I’d like to connect the two tables now and I’m wondering if there’s a quick way to do it.

I’m trying to convert this column to connection to Company table:

But that doesn’t work, it just empties the field.

Is there a quick way to accomplish this? Or do I need to go row by row over an API and make a PATCH request for all of the rows (all 3500 of them :sweat_smile: ).

Or can I maybe change the original json structure so that the lookup is setup automatically during import?

Thanks!

Hello @MartinMalinda, welcome to Baserow :wave:

We’re sorry for the delay with the response! There, unfortunately, is no easy way to do this. One thing that’s going to make it easier is this issue: Convert Text to Link Row and vice versa (#1044) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab. It will allow users to convert an existing field to a link row field while automatically creating the relations based on the existing value.

@MartinMalinda are you running a self hosted baserow? If so you have access to the export_group_applications and import_group_applications Django management commands which can be used to import a fully linked Baserow application.

If you do have access and are comfortable with using these command line tools i’ll write up some quick steps on how to use them to import your JSON already linked.

1 Like