Impossible to select more then 200 rows in a table

Hi all! Not sure if this is a bug or just a limit - but its impossible to select more then 200 rows in a table.

Grid - People // Baserow

Is this intended behaviour?

Riz, it’s possible to select a maximum of 200 rows at once. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for getting back to me

Is there a reason for this? It’s not a limit I’ve ever hit in any other software!

Are there plans to remove these restrictions?

Are limitations like this explained in your online documentation as it’s something I wish I knew earlier and I’m sure other people who hit this limit will feel the same

I know it’s addressable via API but this isn’t quick or necc easy

Thanks, I am otherwise loving Baserow though, just hoping that these usability issues get ironed out

Hey Riz, there is a technical reason behind this: we lazy load only 200 rows at a time, so you can easily scroll through millions of rows without having to download them all. However, due to this, there is a limitation and you can only select a maximum of 200 rows at a time. We understand how frustrating this can be, especially when working with a large number of rows, so we definitely plan to fix this. However, at this time, we cannot provide any estimates on when we will start working on it (at the moment of writing this, the issue is prioritized high on our list).

Possible solutions are using API as you mentioned or automation tools like Make or n8n.

I don’t think it’s explained in the user documentation, but it would be a good idea to add it there. Sorry about the inconvenience this caused. :pensive: