Is there a way to know who created or edited a row?

I know we have the Created on and Last modified fields, but I was wondering if there is a way to know Created by and/or Last modified by (ie which “member” created or edited a row).

3 Likes

That’s a nice idea. If you want you could change the category of the topic to Feature Ideas so developers would notice it more easily.

1 Like

This feature’s on our radar:

3 Likes

Great! And now I know how to easily find what features have already been requested (and accepted :raised_hands:). Thank you!

2 Likes

In the interim, since issue #624 has been opened 9 months ago and no longer has an accepted tag, what is a workaround here? For any table where more than one user is maintaining it, that’s a hard requirement, else there is no way to know who did what.

Perhaps there is a function that can be used as default?

Hey @fdion, first of all, welcome to Baserow :wave:

I’ll check with the team if there are any workarounds, and I’ll also try to get some estimates on when you can expect the feature to be released.

1 Like

Thanks. So far, this is the top showstopper found in our initial review of the functionality of baserow due to compliance, traceability and the like.

2 Likes

Hey @fdion, we understand all importance of this feature and will try to prioritize it to be built as soon as possible! I’ll keep you posted on the updates :raised_hands: