Links based on authenticated user

Hi,

I’m testing app builder and user auth.

My goal is to create dashboard for each user in user source table.
Dashboard links are in table A:

Users table looks like this:

Table is filled with data from users table A filtered by kto which contains User > username

Solution works good for authenticated users.
The problem is with anonymous user.
It should show empty table, but shows data

Anonymous:

User Kuba:

Hi,

The reason that it shows data is because an empty string with a contains filter always return true. If you change the filter that the kto must be the exact username, it should only return the rows for that specific user.

Hi @frederikdc

Thank you for the reply.

I tried also filter has and it still doesn’t work.

What filter should be applied in this situation so anonymous user will see nothing ?

BTW.
I convertered kto (table link) to username ( join(field(‘kto’),“_”) ) to have pure string without any whitespaces.

In both cases there is no filter which will stop showing all data to anonymous.

What filter should be applied in this situation so anonymous user will see nothing ?

Hi,

I can’t easily replicate your problem, but I remember that I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago.
My (workaround) solution was to add a field to the table that is always true. The can be done with a formula field:

Next, in my data source, I add a second filter that requires that the user is authenticated

Again, you should normally not need it. Especially for the next release when it will be possible to show or hide elements based on the fact that a user is authenticated or not.

Hi @frederikdc

Thank you for workaround.
It works.