ModuleNotFoundErrors when trying to export_workspace_applications

Please fill in the questionnaire below.

Technical Help Questionnaire

Have you read and followed the instructions at: *READ ME FIRST* Technical Help FAQs - #2 by nigel ?

Answer: Yop

Self-Hosted Installation and Setup Questions

docker run \
>   -d \
>   --name baserow \
>   -e BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL=https://app.XXX.de \
>   -e BASEROW_CADDY_ADDRESSES=:443 \
>   -v baserow_data:/baserow/data \
>   -p 80:80 \
>   -p 443:443 \
>   --restart unless-stopped \
>   baserow/baserow:1.23.2

How have you self-hosted Baserow.

VM on MS Azure

Which version of Baserow are you using.

Describe the problem

Describe, step by step, how to reproduce the error or problem you are encountering.

I tried to export_workspace_applications in order to provide a template for myself that I can reuse in different workspaces or just import the export. (Basically I need to duplicate a database template into another workspace.)

This is what I did (some trouble-shooting included already):

ssh -i XXX

docker exec -it baserow bash

cd /baserow

source /baserow/venv/bin/activate

export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE='baserow.config.settings.base'
export DATABASE_PASSWORD='XXXXXXXXXXXX'
export DATABASE_HOST='localhost'  

export PYTHONPATH="/baserow/backend/src:$PYTHONPATH" #This solved my first ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'baserow'

python3 /baserow/backend/src/baserow/manage.py export_workspace_applications 54 --indent

Forgot to post the error, sorry:

Could not import %s baserow_premium
No module named 'baserow_premium'
Could not import %s baserow_enterprise
No module named 'baserow_enterprise'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/baserow/backend/src/baserow/manage.py", line 41, in <module>
    main()
  File "/baserow/backend/src/baserow/manage.py", line 37, in main
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/baserow/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 446, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/baserow/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 420, in execute
    django.setup()
  File "/baserow/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/__init__.py", line 24, in setup
    apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS)
  File "/baserow/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 91, in populate
    app_config = AppConfig.create(entry)
  File "/baserow/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 193, in create
    import_module(entry)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 984, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'baserow_premium'

Is this a bash script that you’ve created so that you can run the export_workspace_applications inside the container? If so, then we have a script that you run to do that.

You can do that outside of the container by running docker exec baserow ./baserow.sh backend-cmd manage export_workspace_applications 54 --indent. More information can be found here: Install with Docker // Baserow.

Or inside the container by running ./baserow.sh backend-cmd manage export_workspace_applications 54 --indent.

The baserow.sh script automatically sets the correct environment variables needed to run the command.

Edit: Found it at /baserow/backend.

Thank you very much @bram ! I ran the command, but now I cannot find the exported files. Can you point me what would be the next step? I want to create a template of a workspace that we can reuse and try to follow the instructions at Create a template // Baserow.

Thank you!

ranftler@xelper-analysis-vm:~$ docker exec baserow ./baserow.sh backend-cmd manage export_workspace_applications 54 --indent
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] No DATABASE_HOST or DATABASE_URL provided, using embedded postgres.  
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] Using embedded baserow redis as no REDIS_HOST or REDIS_URL provided.   
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] Importing REDIS_PASSWORD secret from /baserow/data/.redispass  
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] Importing SECRET_KEY secret from /baserow/data/.secret  
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] Importing BASEROW_JWT_SIGNING_KEY secret from /baserow/data/.jwt_signing_key  
 [STARTUP][2024-04-19 22:09:23] Importing DATABASE_PASSWORD secret from /baserow/data/.pgpass  
OTEL_RESOURCE_ATTRIBUTES=service.namespace=Baserow,service.version=1.23.2,deployment.environment=unknown

Hi @dranaway, do you see the workspace_54.json and workspace_54.zip file being created after running the export_workspace_applications command? You could, for example, run ls | grep workspace_ to find them, for example.