Multiple BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL

Is it possible to specify multiple IPs/Hostnames in the BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL field?

If so what is the proper context?

Hey,

Right now this is not possible easily without manually changing internal setting files. BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL needs to be a single URL as we use it to generate links in emails for example.

In the future we have plans to simplify this area and possibly easily allow a Baserow server to be accessed from different hosts.

Can you further describe your use case? With flux it seemed like they provide a single domain name which you can use to access your application, is setting BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL to this single domain not working?

Thank you for the thorough explanation.

I am ultimately trying to load balance to a handshake name (Web3) vs using their domain. (Web2)

Allowing me to access the base from each server would have been a workaround for me. But all good.

I do have a merge request open Allow 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 as hosts to make self hosting easier + add an env... (!637) · Merge requests · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab which adds a new environment variable BASEROW_EXTRA_ALLOWED_HOSTS. You would still need to set a single BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL for emails links etc. But you could also add comma separated domains to BASEROW_EXTRA_ALLOWED_HOSTS which means they will be allowed to access the backend api.

There might be some additional CORS problems even with this new BASEROW_EXTRA_ALLOWED_HOSTS variable. Hopefully it will make it into the next Baserow release however not 100% sure it will!

So I just wanted to confirm: right now, setting the multiple host environment variable is not possible in the all in one docker image deployment?

Yup I can confirm this is not easily possible with environment variables in the self hosted all in one image (or any way of deploying Baserow). If the feature above makes it into the next release then it will be easily doable then.

If you have a developer who understands Django settings files, how to safely override them in a docker image and what Django setting to change then it is technically possible currently (but complicated and I would recommend waiting)

Thanks. Will wait until it is easier to deploy. Thank you.