reason

paste image in line by line

concept

mvp - minimal value product

reference

Seatable have field: image

image concept

reference

Hey @anon7289648! Let me divide your feature idea into two points, and comment on them separately.

• A dedicated image field: why would you need an image field type, do you have any specific use cases?
    We may add the image field type in the future, as it seems like a nice-to-have feature, but we cannot prioritize it as now you can easily replace this functionality using the file field type.

• The ability to paste files directly from the clipboard into the file or image field: the possibility to paste files directly in cells is super useful and we think we should implement this as soon as possible. We already have this issue on GitLab: Paste image from clipboard (#367) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab, and we decided to prioritize this a bit, so we added it to the 1.12 milestone.

Thanks for your activity James, you arise a lot of useful topics and we truly appreciate your involvement :blue_heart:

@olgatrykush Hi! thank you for feedback ;D

1. You guessed what I was thinking… this is amazing.
  2. That’s exactly what you thought.
  3. It would be these two features:
  • A dedicated image field :
  • The ability to paste files directly from the clipboard into the file or image field:

why would you need an image field type, do you have any specific use cases?

1. My first argument is referential! Nocodb, Seatable, Airtable have image type fields. So… I gave these 3 examples, but you could implement it or not. It’s just a comparison, a reference, an idea, a concept, a question that I’m putting here and not a restricted request for this to be done. So… example… Are you guys already thinking about putting a new image field in Baserow as Airtable, Seatable or Nocodb?

• Note: I added an image that proves my idea.
  2. I thought that a field of type image would be needed to allow the image to be placed. This idea came about, as I used these Airtable/Seatable/Nocodb programs a lot before Baserow… it is not possible to put an image in a field that is not of type image.

• Note: Upon receiving your feedback, I noticed that this idea was a bad one!
  3. I hope I clarified something here

Hey-hey @anon7289648! Yeah, it all makes sense. As a first step, we’re going to implement the ability to paste files directly from the clipboard into the file or image field, that’s a very useful suggestion. And later we’ll see. Thanks again for arising this question :blue_heart:

1 Like