👋 New ritual: Monday check-ins

Hello, Baserow community!

We are starting a new tradition — Monday check-ins — to get to know more about our folks. After all, Baserow is all about creative people who are using database power to automate different kinds of things, and we are curious to learn about you and your superpowers.

Bi-monthly, on Mondays, we’re going to post a question of the week in this thread. Feel free to engage with us and share your thoughts.

:question:Tell us: What is a professional skill you’re extremely good at?

2 Likes

None :joy:

I am a registered nurse for 31 years now and I still care for my patients so I guess that is the skill I am best at. :wink:

2 Likes

Same with me @Peter! Curiosity to learn about this and that makes it hard to master one skill from the beginning to end :sweat_smile:

Being a nurse is a hard job, you’ve mastered one of the greatest skills — caring for others, and should be proud of yourself!

2 Likes

Now it’s my turn to share my achievement!

I am proud to have become skillful at market observation: I constantly study and analyze the results of the work of others: content, visual trends, and campaigns. I look for inspiration everywhere and I like transferring ideas from one product to another, even if they come from completely different categories. As a result, it’s super easy for me to generate ideas quickly :innocent:

1 Like

Shoutout to the generalists :raised_hands:

2 Likes

@HiramFromTheChi, and you — what is your super skill? You’re also a very versatile person, so I guess it will be hard to choose one :thinking:

Yes that is it. Because when you found out what you wanted another thing is already waiting for you. :grinning:

@olgatrykush yeah, tough to say… I’m sure if you asked everyone that knows me, they’d all say something different :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For me, it’s more about being constantly up for another challenge :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hey, I am new to Baserow and I really like the efforts of all the people who have made Baserow and constantly improving it.

Just to add my input to the topic, I am Pratik, from Mumbai, India, am lawyer and compliance consultant, helping Indian companies to comply with Corporate laws.

My keen interest in technologies has stuck myself using many such tools like zapier, airtable, softr, Make etc. I found Baserow very recently and I am really glad I found it.

Rightnow, I am using Airtable for my business and I am trying to explore if I can completely replace it by Basebow.

Sorry to ask a question here, Does Baserow has support of Automation and Apps (like Airtable has)?

Lastly, Thank you Baserow community for such a wonderful tool! I hope to learn from you all.

3 Likes

Hello @pratik! First of all, welcome to the Baserow community :wave:

We’re happy to e-meet you, thanks for the intro — that’s always super interesting to learn about whom we have on board. And as you’re an experienced builder, we’ll be glad to hear your feedback on Baserow after you test it out!

What exactly are you willing to achieve using automation? We don’t have a dedicated feature like Airtable Automations, but Baserow is API-friendly, we have webhooks and an integration with Zapier — which means that you can automate a lot using Baserow, but in some cases, you may need the help of third-party services. If you have a specific scenario in mind, feel free to share it here in the community, so we can brainstorm together if and/or how that process can be automated :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks @olgatrykush for the welcome.

Thank you for these information.

I will post my queries separately on this community. Thanks

Awesome, @pratik. If you have questions, feel free to ask, any time :blue_heart:

By the way, how did you figure out about Baserow?

1 Like

Thanks

On google searching for Airtable alternative.

Hey there,

Happy to join the community, I’m good at doing bad jokes. More seriously, I work as a data analyst, and I can now be quite sure by saying I’m close to be a SQL-master in searching and parsing data among unreadable ones :smile: .

1 Like

Hello @dynnammo :wave: Welcome to the Baserow community, we’re glad to have an SQL master among us! Besides building databases, we plan to have fun here, so your primary skill of making jokes is also highly valued :blue_heart: