Newbie questions about backing up, restoring and pointing baserow to my local database

downloaded and installed baseRow, exicted about it. I did have a couple of questions for the community:
a. Can I point baserow to my postgres database on my local machine?
b. What is the process of backing up and restoring baserow?

I am also trying to find out if there a way to bulk update a particular value in a column.

I was able to get baserow up and running using the docker run -e BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL=http://localhost:81 --name baserow -d --restart unless-stopped -v baserow_data:/baserow/data -e WEB_FRONTEND_PORT=81 -p 81:80 -p 444:443 baserow/baserow:1.22.1 command but when i pass the -e DATABASE_URL=postgresql://postgres:password@localhost:5432/postgres command(to connect baserow to my local postgres database) to docker, I get a No DATABASE_HOST or DATABASE_URL provided, using embedded postgres. error. would the community have an input on what is wrong?

Hi @ajitgoel,

a. Can I point baserow to my postgres database on my local machine?

You can connect Baserow to a database on your local machine, but this should be an empty one. This is because Baserow needs a unique structure for its tables. If the database already has tables, then they won’t be editable in Baserow. If you’re using the Baserow all-in-one image, then the instructions can be found here: Install with Docker // Baserow.

b. What is the process of backing up and restoring baserow?

Instructions for backing up and restoring all data in your Baserow instance can be found here: Install with Docker // Baserow.

I am also trying to find out if there a way to bulk update a particular value in a column.

It’s possible to make bulk updates to multiple rows in a table. You can find the documentation to do this in the auto generated API docs. They can be found by navigating to https://YOUR_BASEROW_URL/api-docs/, and then click on a data. From there you can go to the update row documentation, and click on the “batch mode” checkbox.

I get a No DATABASE_HOST or DATABASE_URL provided, using embedded postgres.

Please try using the environment variables as description here Install with Docker // Baserow.