Questions about Baserow Tables

1. What is the role of the number in front of each line? It seems unique and cannot be change (even if the order is adjusted), and cannot be hidden.
  2. How to move a Table to another database?

Hey @joeyli :wave:

What is the role of the number in front of each line?

This number denotes the row record in the table. For every record you create, this number will be incremented by one. For example:
sens9oD2

The row record will always be unique, because the record number will still increase +1 even when you delete records. Notice how even when deleting records 4 and 5, when I add 2 more records, those records then become 6 and 7.
ht7kk39b

How to move a Table to another database?

You can export it using your method of choice:
P7MW3IeO

Then, you can import it into your other database using the method you chose:
AGS23tci

This number denotes the row record in the table.

I understand this, just not sure what it does, the discontinuous ordinal after deletion or movement looks weird. As a unique id, it would be nice if it could be hidden.

@joeyli, I see you were actively testing Baserow this weekend, cool! What is your impression in general?

Regarding your questions:

Yes, I agree with you, it would be nice to have a possibility to hide these numbers, and we’ll definitely discuss this with the team!

Hiram showed you a way to move tables, thanks @HiramFromTheChi :blush:
I just want to emphasize and warn you — if you have any relations with other tables in your database you’ll lose them while importing files. Just be aware of that!

1 Like

I am looking for an open source, self-hosted GUI personal database, choosing Baserow in comparison with NocoDB.

Baserow is powerful, and overall easy to use.

Thank you for your work, I am looking forward to Baserow’s next progress.

2 Likes

Hey, @joeyli! Cool, happy to hear that :heart:
Have you seen that we’ve updated the Roadmap on the website? More and more features are coming soon :love_you_gesture:

Yes, the future looks promising, good luck to you all!

2 Likes

Important detail, thanks @olgatrykush :raised_hands: