Reading and writing CSV/XLS files

I see that the automation builder allows us to read a CSV or Excel XLS/XLSX file, but is it possible to create one from the automation builder?

I would like to automatically generate a CSV and XLS file of our volunteers name, address, phone and other details to allow other managers or staff to import into their systems to make sure they have a current list with any updates.

I have considered the possibility of using javascript code to output a CSV file by parsing through the data. Not even sure if that is doable. Are we able to create a file that would be downloadable from my app-builder site? I am open to any other suggestions, if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

Hy @danielgoad

Even though it’s probably possible to use the custom code action to transform your data into a formatted CSV text, Baserow still lacks of feature to create a file from it. You could probably use some custom js code to make it work but I’m not even sure (Ask a LLM?).

I think it’s better to wait for a proper action that allows to generate CSV/XLS file. Sorry about that.

Cheers.