Redirect after form submission

I have a form submission page where my users fills out a form to enter a record from the database. However, after the data is received, they are redirected to a URL. Unfortunately, this redirect also logs out my user. Is there a way to redirect to another site within my baserow application so my users does NOT get logged out?

Hey @RobMagu, have you tried selecting ‘Open page’ → ‘Navigate to’, and then choosing one of the app pages instead of a custom URL? Would that work in your case?

Actually, I am sharing a view and displaying it in an iframe tag., so I don’t have that option.

Are you using the Baserow Application Builder?

Yes, I am using the application builder

Hey @RobMagu, would it work for your use case if you start using the form element instead of embedding your form? In that case, you’ll have much more flexibility.

If not, let’s ask @jrmi on this:

Is there a way to redirect to another site within my baserow application so my users does NOT get logged out?

Hello @RobMagu

Are you using the baserow.io or a self hosted instance?

We had a bug where users appeared to be loggued out after visiting an external form (but actually weren’t) but we fixed it and I’ve just tested this workflow and it seems to work as expected.

Could you answer these questions:

• Are you still loggued out if you refresh the page of the application after the redirect?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Could you try to redirect to a page with a link to another page in the same application and check that when you visit the second page your are still loggued out?

Somehow, I initially missed that part. Could you try to not embed the form in an IFrame tag and directly open the form page instead?

Actually in the IFrame you are not loggued even if you are loggued in the application, this is a browser security. So when it redirects, you can’t be loggued in the new page so if you can avoid the the IFrame and open the page it would be better.