Rows lifetime. Automatic cleaning of obsolete data.

Hi,

I use baserow for my powershell scripts. An excellent way to interact between scripts, collect data, store settings for scripts and manage them. Thank you.

Is it possible to limit the lifetime of rows?
For example, I need to clean them up all the time to remove obsolete data.

Thanks again.

Hey Den :slight_smile:

It is not possible to add a TTL (time to live) to any particular row. If this is something you need you could add a feature request for it and we could discuss internally if we think it’s feasible.

Other than that, you should have access to the created_on property of a row, you could use that property to determine the age of a row and then have a job clean up all obsolete data. This could make your life easier, unless you are already doing that :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Den! As an alternative to what Alex suggested, you can also use workflow automation tools like Zapier, n8n, and Make to fetch rows that are expired and delete them.

We plan to introduce the functionality that will allow you to limit the lifetime of rows directly in Baserow, but it will happen in the far future :raised_hands:

Hi people.

I would like to contribute to this specific topic. For example, this looks like this requested feature: Block row or column information or modification history, Row change history - idea for a free plan. Can we merge two topics into one?