Searching for a 'link to table' row via API

Hello,

I love using baserow for an equipment database we’re creating but I’m having an issue filtering rows using the ‘search’ query through the API.

Using the ‘search’ query is simple when I am trying to filter a row that simply contains a number or a string. For example, having parameters like
{“search”: “Building 405”}
works perfectly if “Building 405” is in a simple text entry column. This makes sense because when a get request is made for a simple text column like this, the response is simply
“building”: “Building 405”

What I’m struggling with, however, is if “Building 405” is not a text column, but is instead a link to another table that contains the names of all of the buildings in the database. When a get request is made for a linked table column, a dictionary is returned with key/value pairs. Something like:

"building": [
            {
                "id": 0,
                "value": "Building 405"
            } ]

Does anyone have any ideas how you can search a database via API for all rows containing a value stored in a linked table like this?

Hi, currently unfortuantly the search query doesn’t search the text of the link to table fields. See Allow searching in Link to Table fields (#413) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab for the issue we made at the time of adding search to track this, it seems to have slipped through the cracks.

For now until we complete this issue, one work around could be to instead:

1. Make a formula field which is join(field('Link Field'), ',')
  2. Now search the formula field instead