Searching with accented character

I have just started with Baserow but found that the search feature distinguishes between accented character and not accented ones, can this please be improved to search to work with and without accents?
Also it would be nice to have an option to easily empty the search field.
Thanks in advance.

Hello @alfoto, welcome to the Baserow community! :raised_hands:

Noted! I will discuss both of your comments with the team. Personally, I agree that there should be an option to easily empty the search field. :+1:

Hmmm, this could be useful (in my language - czech - we have a lot of accented letters), but I would rather to see it as optional (checkbox to switch it on/off, not having it explicit). The same could be for upper and lower case letters (also optional checkbox).
But help would be the “Find and replace” feature.

The easiest one would be this:
hit the Esc key → the text in the search bar will be emptied,
hit the Esc again → this will hide (escape from) the search bar

This behavior would make using the search bar more comfortable and much faster - no need to use the mouse, try to hit into that small search tech field, then use the mouse/keyboard combination to delete the text and (alternatively, if needed) finally to klick by mouse (or use the keyboard shortcut) to hide the search bar.

Although I am not sure if it’s possible technically to do it like this, the developers would have to say…

Of course, there’s no discussion that the search bar is a very helpful tool in a baserow.

Hello @alfoto and @marcus. Quick update: we are going to implement this issue soon, which resolves your requests: Search input should ignore diacritics (#737) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab. :slightly_smiling_face:

@marcus Regarding the request to empty the search box, this has been accepted: Have an option to easily empty the search field (#2234) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab.

Great news, both features will help a lot. Thanks so much!!