Sharing a view in the wrong language

I set my language to Dutch. But when i share my view and open the url in another browser it shows the menu options in English and not in Dutch as i expect it to be. It shows Filter, Sort and Hide Field.

That’s an interesting scenario. The interface language is account based, but a database can be used by multiple accounts both having a different language. When a visitor opens your shared view, they don’t have an account.

Would it be a solution for you if we add an option where you can choose the initial language of a publicly shared view? You can set this to Dutch and every visitor will see the view in Dutch. We can also add an option for the visitor to change the language.

Yes that would be great. :+1:

I’ve created an issue on this backlog Choosing publicly shared view language (#834) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab, can’t promise when we’re going to work on this though.

1 Like

Hello @Peter! I have some great news for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Your request was implemented, and now, Baserow forces a browser language when viewing a public view. Test out a new feature, implemented by @Alex :raised_hands:

1 Like