I am currently running a self-hosted instance of Baserow using an all-in-one Docker image with default config. The problem is that API calls seem a little bit slow. Even when I make many calls in a short period of time, the system load does not increase and is very low, which suggests there is another limiting factor. Is there for example an option that limits API calls or something like that? If yes, how can I change it? I could not find anything in the docs but maybe I have missed something.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Hi @bmackiewicz , we are about to release an open telemetry integration this week which will let us easily debug performance problems for your instance in more detail.
Until then my questions are:
- What are the server specs you are using?
- You can scale the number of backend API workers with the
- If you are finding the async API methods are slow (they trigger some async task) you can also increase the number of async task workers using
- Can you provide detailed information on the tables you are querying:
- How many fields
- How many rows
- What types of fields
- How many link fields, and how many links are there per average per row?
- Can you provide more details on API methods are slow, this might be easier after upgrading with the open telemetry mentioned above.