Streamline Mass Generation in the AI Prompt Field

Currently, the AI prompt field necessitates manual initiation for each entry. This becomes impractical when dealing with tables containing hundreds or thousands of entries. Can you implement a feature that allows for batch generation of multiple fields simultaneously? Additionally, is there a possibility to direct the output to a different row?

Hi,

Currently, the AI prompt field necessitates manual initiation for each entry. This becomes impractical when dealing with tables containing hundreds or thousands of entries. Can you implement a feature that allows for batch generation of multiple fields simultaneously?

Pressing the Generate button triggers the API endpoint generate_table_ai_field_value This endpoint requires the row_ids as an array in the body of the request.

So, if you pass multiple row_ids in the body of the request, it will generate a response for all those rows.

Additionally, is there a possibility to direct the output to a different row?

Can you offer an example of a scenario where this is desired?

How do I pass multiple_ids in the body of the prompt, please? For example, in a prompt such at the one below, which field, or code should I add?

Let’s say I have a field ‘vendor’ and another field ‘vendor prompt’. I want to ai output to be passed automatically from ‘vendor prompt’ to ‘vendor’ without having to use n8n or other third party too.

You need an automation service like Make, Zapier or N8N for this. Such services allow you to manipulate the body of the HTTP request. This is not directly possible from within Baserow.

Let’s say I have a field ‘vendor’ and another field ‘vendor prompt’. I want to ai output to be passed automatically from ‘vendor prompt’ to ‘vendor’ without having to use n8n or other third party too.

My first idea was to use a formula for this. But I’m afraid that this is not possible without external service since you can’t reference the AI field in a formula.

Yeah… I’d like to do inside Baserow alone without using an automation service.

Just so you know, you can generate up to 200 AI prompts at the same time.

I’ve added a feature request to generate AI prompts for multiple fields at once. Would this be a suitable solution for you?

@olgatrykush I have a need for this as well. I’m using BaseRow to streamline my outreach. I want to automatically generate a personalized line to each prospect.

In order to do this, I need the value automatically generated.