Trouble With File Uploading

Hello everyone,

I have a table with pdf files attached within many of the rows. Everything was working fine for me, but I have recently been getting the message “Could not connect to the API server” after trying to upload my file. Everything else is functioning perfectly fine. I don’t have much (or any, really) experience with coding or computer science, so I’m not sure what’s going wrong. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Alyssa,

Sorry that you are having issues with the file uploads. To start with diagnosing your problem could you let me know if you are using the website baserow.io or are you running your own self hosted version Baserow?

Thanks,
Nigel

1 Like

I’m using baserow.io

I just checked again this morning and I’m still having the same problem.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @alyssa, how are you uploading the file, do you drag and drop the file into a cell, or do you upload it via the upload modal? Do you have the problem with every file or only with a specific one? Would you mind sharing the file me? It can be shared privately. Then I can try to reproduce the issue and figure out what’s going wrong.

1 Like

Hello! I didn’t see this message, sorry. Thanks for your response, but I think I figured it out the problem - the file size limit seems to be around 19-20mb. I’ve realized that I only have this problem when trying to upload files greater than that size. Compressing them before upload has fixed this for me. Thanks again!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted :raised_hands: