I started experimenting with writing plugins, but I have been stuck for a while trying to figure out why nothing I put in web-frontend shows up. I found out that when running baserow with local built standalone service images, it doesn’t seem to actually load plugins correctly in the web-frontend container.
I forked baserow here to demonstrate the issue. The plugin in the /plugins directory in the forked repo contains the example plugin generated by the cookiecutter template, no changes made at all.
When I followed the steps from this page in the section “Building your own all-in-one image”, it works exactly as expected, so it’s definitely not an issue with the plugin itself.
When I add the plugin installation commands into both the backend and web-frontend Dockerfile (copied from “backend.Dockerfile” and “web-frontend.Dockerfile” in the plugin boilerplate), and then run “docker compose -f docker-compose.local-build.yml up -d --build”, it doesn’t work as expected. In the docker logs, the log messages show that web-frontend is finding and installing the plugin, however, the page at /starting doesn’t exist. the API endpoint at /api/my_baserow_plugin/starting/ works normally, however.
So, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong here, or if this is just an issue with the standalone image or something.