What's the process to upgrade a plugin to a newer version of baserow ? i.e. 1.12 to 1.13

When I upgraded my plugin from 1.11 to 1.12, i just did search/replace. The most important was the base docker image i guess. But will this technique always work, or is it likely to break at some point ?

1 Like

@lucw Hopefully most of the time it will work. However if your plugin is using our internal python code (as yours is and most will) we might make breaking changes to that code unintentionally. So for now I’d recommend bumping the version and retesting your features.

Our plan in the future is:

1. To clearly define a “internal plugin API” of our python classes/registries/behaviors etc that plugins can safely depend on.
  2. Clearly communicate when we make breaking changes to this plugin API or only make backwards compatible changes.

We are still figuring this out and are very open to suggestions on how the Baserow <-> Plugin interface/relationship should work.

Got it, and your advice to test functionality is very sound, I plan on developing end to end functionality test which will tell me whether anything is broken with my plugin. I was able to upgrade to 1.13.2 without any issues by the way.