COUNTIF Function

See How to find and remove duplicates in Baserow

I would like to see a modified countif function that allows me to check how many times a certain entry in one column is already there in Baserow

e.g. like in Excel =COUNTIF(A2,A:A)

Thanks for sharing your idea, @artoflogic! I’ll make sure to discuss it with the team. :ok_hand:

Hey @artoflogic, first of all, I wanted to clarify that the way the database works, it’s impossible to run formulas at the field level; they only work at the row level. However, for simple field calculations, we have a footer aggregations feature: Footer aggregation // Baserow.

Now, about the request:
While discussing your idea, we found it very interesting. Possibly, we could add formula or filter support to the footer aggregations, allowing users to make more advanced data analysis at the field level. On the other hand, we plan to start working on the dashboard feature soon, and it might also partially solve your issue.

We think many Excel users will find this new feature helpful. So, we’d like to understand more use cases for it to find the best solution for its implementation. I’ve started this thread so we all can brainstorm together: Join the brainstorm! What are your thoughts on performing data manipulations and analysis at the FIELD level in Baserow?.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. :raised_hands:

Hi! Have you tried creating a separate view with specific filters? Might this approach work for your task?

That’s a good workaround, thanks for your input @Alexander :raised_hands:

I agree with you) But it is interesting to know why this workaround doesn’t work for artoflogic’s case