Filters on webhooks

Hey all!

After using Baserow for many months in different areas of the company and often using the webhooks we think it would be nice to be able to apply a filter per webhook. That is, that the webhook only fires when a specific field changes, when a field includes a word, when a field is not empty, etc…

Thank you for your time reading this and for developing a really good solution that helps a lot of companies.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words about Baserow, Guillermo.

I noted your feature idea and it’ll be discussed with the team :raised_hands:

1 Like

Without a shadow of a doubt, this functionality would be more sensational than spending a day at the beach after hours of focused work… kkkk :rofl: Jokes aside, its implementation is really interesting, as it would save a lot of time because we don’t have to resort to another one automatically in n8n for example to do it.

1 Like

Noted :memo:

Thanks for your feedback @alessandrobarros and welcome to the Baserow community :heart_hands:

Hello @guiolmar and @alessandrobarros :wave:

I have some great news for you! The team has agreed that adding filters on webhooks would be an extremely useful addition. To simplify its technical implementation, we are going to allow webhooks for specific views only.

Hi, I am just looking for a feature like this. Has this been implemented already?

I would like to change the status of a column and trigger an webhook in make.com. How can I do this?

Hello @artoflogic , first of all, welcome to the Baserow community! :wave:

This feature is not available yet. I’ll check with the team on its priority and will get back to you on this.

@frederikdc could you please help with this request?

Currently, what am doing is that I fire the webhook to all automation, then one every automation inside makes has a filter and compares if its the right action, and if yes triggers the workflow.

In my view, the webhook inside Baserow is incomplete. You would need to allow more fine-tuned conditions when exactly the webhook is triggered. Updating any row in a table, is simply too wide a criteria.

It would be great if you could provide that. Would love to use this everywhere afterward.

There is at the moment no functionality that checks which field has triggered the webhook. So the only option is indeed to compare against the previous value to see if the field has been modified.

Yes, I am doing this and it works. Nevertheless, you should provide filters when to trigger the Webhook in side Baserow. There is no reason not to do this.