Grouping by field data

Airtable style grouping.

Ability to group different records according to various fields.
e.g.

3 Likes

Hello @shrey! Thanks for suggesting a new feature. We’ve already had a few requests to add record grouping to Baserow, here is the link to the issue on GitLab: Group rows based on field value (#143) · Issues · Bram Wiepjes / baserow · GitLab.

It will be a bit complicated for us to implement this feature from the technical point of view because we have a different technical approach than Airtable has. But we love this idea and do plan to work on it but probably not in the nearest months :pensive:

1 Like

:+1: for me!
I was just searching the forum for this feature.

~P

1 Like

I was just going to post the same feature request

Hello @mahmouds12, @Baserow_rookie! We received quite a lot of requests to build this feature, but as I explained above, it will be a bit complicated from a technical point of view, so we decided to focus on other features in the nearest months. Anyway, record grouping is in our plans, and as soon as I have any news on this functionality, I’ll share them here.

2 Likes

I started tracking business expenses on Baserow and group-by would come in extremely handy.
alternatively, having drag-select show the sum of numeric fields (like in excel) would temporarily alleviate the need for group by.

Hey @lucw, noted! Thanks for sharing the suggestion :raised_hands: