Last modified by specific field

In Airtable we use LastModified(Field) which gets the date when data in this specific field was modified instead of the usual LastModified.
Will this be implemented soon? and does anyone knows a workaround for it?

Hey-hey, I’ll discuss this suggestion with the team.

I’m not sure there are any workarounds for this functionality now, but I’ll check this with the team and will get back to you later.

1 Like

Any news about this?

I’m so sorry for the delay in response! In the next release 1.13, we will focus on enterprise features, and only after that, we’re going to make another planning and will know more. Anyway, I’ll keep you posted!

I’d love to see this feature as well :grin:

Hey @360Creators, noted! Let me re-discuss the feature request on adding the ‘Last modified by specific field’ with the team :ok_hand:

Hi @mahmouds12 and @360Creators, just wanted to give you a quick update on your idea! Good news — the request has been accepted and we are going to develop it! Unfortunately, we can’t say for sure when it will be released at this time. But don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep you both posted if there are any updates :raised_hands:

A year later, it has not. It is quite critical for many users, especially considering there is no row history, so there is just not any way to deal with “I’m sure this cell value was 10, not 25; what happened?”

Issue in GitLab: Created by field type (#624) · Issues · Baserow / baserow · GitLab

Hello @glarrain-cdd, we understand that this feature is very important. It’s on our roadmap, so hopefully, we can release it this year. However, we can’t promise anything as we receive new requests constantly, and if other features are more crucial or requested by a larger number of users, we may prioritize those over this one. Hope for your understanding here :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it work for you if we added the Audit log feature to the Advanced plan? If we see more people interested in this, we can discuss it internally.

It would certainly help! What data and metadata is included per audit log entry when there are changes to the data rows? In the docs I can only see screenshots where the entries are about roles, users, teams, but not data rows.

In the “Event Type” column, you can select an option to display events related to creating, deleting, moving, or updating rows:

We also plan to add functionality that shows the row change history in the comments sidebar, which should perfectly fit your needs. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for it as for now.

Audit log feature in Advanced plan would be great!

Audit log now works at the workspace level, meaning it’s now available in the Advanced plan as well! :blush:

Any news regarding the feature requested in this topic?

Hello @glarrain-cdd, unfortunately, we don’t have any updates on this feature yet. I will notify you as soon as we start working on the “Last modified by” feature.

In Baserow 1.21, we will release the row change history feature. This will allow you to see who made what changes at a row level, and it can serve as a temporary solution until we introduce the “Last modified by” field type. :slightly_smiling_face:

This sounds good!
But still, fields like “Last Modified by” as well as “Created by” would be nice to have in baserow. At this moment, as far as I know, there is no option to find out, who created or who modified the row in a simple and fast way. It also could be helpful for filtering by these attributes.

That’s for sure, the “Last modified by” field type is in the roadmap. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hey @glarrain-cdd, @marcus, @360Creators, @mahmouds12, we have great news. We have started the development of the ‘last modified by’ field type. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great news! Thanks! :+1:

Hi Olgatrykush,

The topic “LastModified(Field) which gets the date when data in this specific field was modified instead of the usual LastModified” is this the same as “the development of the ‘last modified by’ field type”??

Can you confirm that the last modified (condition by fields) will be implemented as well?